20100223

words are important.

i gave my paperback of on the road to my sister to read.  it's one of my favorite books.  it reminded me that there was a time a few years ago when i'd really gotten into kerouac's haiku.  (haiku is the plural form for haiku, yes?)  here are some of my favorites.

holding up my
purring cat to the moon,
i sighed.

crossing the football field
coming home from work -
the lonely businessman.

snap your finger
stop the world -
rain falls harder.

the bottoms of my shoes
are clean
from walking in the rain.

glow worm
sleeping on this flower -
your light's on.



his haiku remind me of spring, which isn't coming soon enough.  i wonder if it was springtime when he wrote these down.  there's rain and the moon and nights in which he must be standing outside in the fresh, cool air.  the sun is shining more lately, as if to let us know it's on its way.  but it's still cold.  i foolishly wore my spring coat this past week (as in, i "foolishly" did something over and over again.)  i guess you could say i was protesting the winter that always overstays its welcome. 






i have audio of the gig i played on saturday, but no visual.  i'll keep trying to get it figured out.  and at the very worst, you'll get to hear me but not see me.  i thought it went well.  i hope to be able to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment